Wearable Health Solutions, Inc. (WHSI) is a PERS play with a unique position that you should put on your radar today. Continue reading to learn why WHSI may be the best pure PERS play on the market.
WHSI INVESTMENT HIGHLIGHTS
Wearable Health Solutions, Inc. (OTCMKTS: WHSI) is a manufacturer of next-generation, advanced technology personal medical alarms and safety alert devices. WHSI’s technology can provide a leading edge for the Company in our current cutting edge technology-driven markets.
- Unique Opportunity- Only Publicly Traded Small Cap Stock in the $7.4 Billion PERS Market
- Competitive Advantage- Cuts Customer Service Overhead By Selling Direct to Dealers, Unlike Competition Who Sell to Consumers
Currently, WHSI competes in:
- The $23.3 billion remote patient operating market (RPM). Research firm MarketsAndMarkets projects this market will grow at a CAGR of 38.2% to reach $117 billion by 2025..
- The giant mobile health (mHealth) market which is forecast to reach $166.2 billion by 2028, according to GrandViewResearch.
- And the $4 billion personal emergency response market. MarketDataForecast forecasts that the (PERS) market will grow from $4.09 billion in 2021 to $5.29 billion globally by the end of 2026. That represents CAGR growth of 5.3%.
- The Lone Worker Market, is WHSI’s latest market entry, Estimated at over 200M globally, 56M in North America, South America, and Europe, lone workers are a huge opportunity. It is a growing insurance risk with over 36,000 work-related fatalities per year, 26M – 45M non-fatal incidents per year resulting in at least 4 days work lost, and estimated 4-6% impact on total labor costs
WHSI is a multiple revenue stream company. WHSI forecasts that its sales could reach $5.87 million in 2022. In the nine month period ended March 31, 2021, total revenues were $1.03 million. It represents a 37% jump from $757,000 for the comparable period in 2020. For the first nine months of this fiscal year, WHSI reported $488,000 in gross profit, or 47.1% of total revenues. That is very impressive for a stock trading where WHSI is currently.
WHSI appears to be the only small-cap publicly traded pure-play in the PERS industry. Most of WHSI’s competition sells directly to end users, but WHSI’s business plan is different in that they primarily are selling to dealers, which not only creates recurring revenue but also calls for substantially less customer service calls/overhead.
The stock seems to have found support at above $0.01, any major catalyst could send the stock to a new 52 week high with all of these factors considered.
Continue Reading for a more in-depth look at Wearable Health Solutions, Inc. (WHSI) and why it should be on your watchlist today:
Wearable Health Solutions, Inc. (the “Company” or “WHSI”), is a personal monitoring technology developer focused on mobile alert and tracking devices for emergency medical and occupational safety markets worldwide, concentrating on North American markets.
WHSI generates revenues primarily from:
- PERS device sales
- Recurring service fees from monitoring subscription plans
WHSI primarily does business in the US and Canada, however, it is an international company and has made sales in countries such as New Zealand, Denmark, Ireland, Brazil, Barbados, Bermuda and the People’s Republic of China.
WHSI’s COMPETITIVE ADVANTAGE
Unlike the majority of existing PERS companies, the Company’s products are distributed predominantly on a wholesale basis to dealers consisting mainly of residential security companies, home healthcare providers and rehabilitation centers, and to retail customers through mass outlet chains or direct in-house sales channels. This helps WHSI save on overhead related to customer service.
Working with more than 15 central monitoring stations and approximately 200 dealers, WHSI reported serving over 7,000 end-users as of November 2020 and filling an order book of 2,000+ potential activations.
Fueled by rapidly-growing worldwide geriatric populations (see chart below), especially in developed countries targeted by WHSI, and technology-driven mobile healthcare (“mHealth”) trends invigorated globally by the COVID-19 pandemic, the already-vibrant PERS industry was estimated by ReportLinker.com to post a 14.8% revenue growth spike in 2020, benefitting long-term from the converging telemedicine practices and Internet-of-Things (“IoT”) communication technologies.
WHSI’s MediPendant® is a second-generation wearable product. It is a personal alarm device. Technology sets it apart from a majority of its competitors. It is water resistant so it can be used in the shower, where most falls occur. The user can also communicate with an operator through the pendant itself through a two-way speakerphone.
iHelp™ remote medical alert system is a fully mobile PERS solution that operates anywhere with cellular coverage. It is upgraded as next generation bandwidths are introduced in telecommunications. iHelp+™3G is WHSI’s most advanced mobile PERS-compliant product. It offers tracking, geo-fencing, fall detection and extended battery life. It also has voice prompts for safety risk.
iHelp MAX™ 4G
iHelp MAX™ 4G is currently in the testing and production phase as the telecommunications industry converts to faster 4G. It features Wi-Fi, NFC (wireless data transfer) technology and Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy features. It also offers “telehealth-ready” advantages such as remote monitoring and transmission of the user’s health vitals to emergency personnel and caregivers.
iHelp Lone Worker is a customized safety program targeted especially for the 200 million isolated or lone workers globally. It provides them a way to communicate should their health or safety be threatened. It is a wearable system that operates indoors or out. With over 36,000 work-related fatalities per year, 26M – 45M non-fatal incidents per year resulting in at least 4 days work lost, and an estimated 4-6% impact on total labor costs; this is a major opportunity for WHSI.
The PERS market is fragmented and highly competitive, with numerous providers leading the industry since the period of first generation products, as well as subsequent successful market entrants focused solely on mPERS solutions. The largest players in terms of disclosed subscription levels are:
- Philips Lifeline, a division of Koninklijke Philips NV (NYSE: PHG), a Dutch multinational electronics manufacturer, with over 750,000 active users, formed in 2006 following a $750 million purchase of Lifeline Systems, Inc., an industry pioneering company established in 1974, which at the time of acquisition had approximately $150 million in annual revenues and a predominantly North American subscriber base of nearly 470,000 seniors;
- GreatCall, founded in 2005, which was acquired with more than 900,000 subscribers by Best Buy Co., Inc. (NYSE: BBY) in 2018 forConnect America, operating since 1977, which acquired Tunstall Americas, a division of Tunstall Healthcare Group Limited in 2019, bringing the number of active users to more than 300,000.
- Other companies with well-established operating histories and market positions, but undisclosed subscriberships include independent private providers, such as Life Alert Emergency Response, VRI, Healthcom, LifeFone, LifeStation, Numera, ADT (NYSE:ADT), Medical Guardian, Bay Alarm Medical, LogicMark and MobileHelp.
Competing directly with all aforementioned, WHSI appears to be the only small cap publicly traded pure-play in the PERS industry. Many of the above mentioned companies sell directly to end users, but Wearable Healths Solution’s business plan is different in that they primarily are selling to dealers, which not only creates recurring revenue, but also calls for substantially less customer service calls/overhead.
Strategic Technology Acquisitions And Agreements
- The Company has engaged R&D firm MIDI Product Development Corporation (MIDI), an expert in medical innovation. MIDI is to develop and commercialize for WHSI a biometric sensor to communicate with the company’s flagship product 4G iHelp MAX™ product platform. It is titled the iHelp Next Generation Platform (NGP). WHSI-MIDI’s collaboration goal is to add to the platform’s existing safety monitoring capability. Health monitoring and medication reminders will be added. This next generation platform would monitor in real time medical vitals, such as blood pressure and oxygen levels. Seamless integration is the desired result.
- WHSI acquired the assets and technology of mHealthCentral Cloud Management and Automation platform. The Baas technology dealer portal would be used in WHSI’s next generation iHelp™ MAX cellular and telehealth-ready mobile medical device. The acquisition will deploy and integrate advanced technology such as IoT into the medical devices markets. The platform is a cloud-based service for accepting data transmission from personal safety and medical devices. To the front end portal/user, this will be designed as a user-friendly monitoring platform.
- WHSI signed a licensing agreement with Speak to IoT to bring its patent-pending voice technology enabling Voice AI control into all of the company’s existing Smart devices with IoT.
WHSI forecasts that its sales could reach $5.87 million in 2022. In the nine month period ended March 31, 2021, total revenues were $1.03 million. It represents a 37% jump from $757,000 for the comparable period in 2020. For the first nine months of this fiscal year, WHSI reported $488,000 in gross profit, or 47.1% of total revenues.
The net loss for the first nine months ended March 31, 2021 was $1.27 million vs. $364,000 for the same period the prior year.
For its last full fiscal year, the 12 months ended June 30, 2020, WHSI reported sales of $1.16 million. Gross profit was $693,021, or a 59.6% margin rate. It reduced its net loss that year to $454,639 vs. $715,462 the prior year.The Globe Small Cap Research LLC report in October 2021 believes that tech forward devices coming in 2022 “could support the Company’s guidance for an increase in full year revenues.” It named the iHelp MAX™ 4G, due in 2022. Globe also said Company plans for integration of voice AI technology into its Smart devices will differentiate WHSI products from competitors.
The Company’s seasoned management team has over 30 years of combined PERS industry experience and a track record in executive management of publicly traded microcap companies.
Harrysen Mittler, CEO and Chairman, has over 30 years of experience in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, business administration and commerce. Prior to joining the Company in December 2019, Mr. Mittler served as Chairman, CEO and CFO of Pacific Software Inc. (OTC: PFSF), an enterprise software development and acquisition company for emerging technologies, since 2016. Previously, he served as Director and CFO of Nortia Capital Partners Inc., a then publicly traded merchant banking company, Chairman and CEO for Grand Prix Sports Inc., an international motor sports racing team, as well as for Autoworks International Ltd., a company then quoted on the Frankfurt Stock Exchange. At the beginning of his career, Mr. Mittler has also served in the audit division of Deloitte Haskins and Sells, the predecessor to Deloitte & Touche LLP.
Peter Pizzino, President and Director, had a 25-year career in the securities and investment industry when joining the Company in December 2019. Since 2018, Mr. Pizzino served as President of Pacific Software Inc. (OTC: PFSF), where he focused on development of BOAPIN.com. Prior to that, since 2015, Mr. Pizzino held positions in Capital Markets at Spartan Capital, then with J. Streicher Capital on the NYSE floor, where he financed public and private companies generating several hundred million dollars in client offerings. In the past, Mr. Pizzino acquired extensive international business and non-profit experience, including guiding business development and financing of emerging companies based in China. Mr. Pizzino received a B.S. degree in accounting and finance, and held several securities licenses.
Ronald Adams, EVP, has over 40 years of experience in wholesale, retail, and distribution organizations, as well as starting growing profitable companies, including founding Medical Alarm Concepts, beginning in 2008. Before that, he served as President of Connective Home, an installer of low voltage wiring for Smart Homes from 2001-2008. Previous to this, he served as the President and CFO of a NASDAQ company, which he started and later sold. Mr. Adams graduated from the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy at Kings Point with a B.S. in Engineering and as a Lieutenant JG in the U.S. Navy. In 1996, Mr. Adams received the prestigious Entrepreneur of the Year Award, sponsored by Dow Jones, NASDAQ, and Ernst & Young.
Jennifer Loria, COO, has over 20 years of experience developing and executing strategic business plans, establishing and streamlining internal operations, and developing growth strategies for startup companies. Having joined the Company in December 2008 as VP of Marketing for Medical Alarm Concepts LLC, Ms. Loria was responsible for brand development and execution of go-to-market strategies. Prior to joining the Company, Ms. Loria worked at Buck, a global HR benefits and human resource consulting firm controlled by H.I.G. Capital. Ms. Loria holds a master’s degree in journalism and a bachelor’s degree in business administration.
Gail Rosenthal, CFO, has over twenty years of experience in corporate finance, mergers and acquisitions, accounting and auditing. Prior to joining the Company in September 2020, Ms. Rosenthal has served as senior audit manager for a boutique auditing firm until 2010, and has subsequently concentrated on private consulting work. Her experience spans manufacturing, distribution and retail, film production, banking and finance, IT and software development, and she is an expert in communications and leadership. Ms. Rosenthal is a graduate of University of California San Diego in La Jolla, CA.
DUE DILIGENCE LINKS:
WHSI Engages An Internationally Renowned R&D Medical Product Firm, MIDI Product Development Corporation (MIDI), To Develop And Commercialize A Biometric Sensor To Allow All Company’s Devices To Globally Communicate With New 4G iHelp MAX(TM) Product Plat
Wearable Health Solutions Inc. To Make All Company Devices Voice Enabled With Major Voice Assistants: New Patent-Pending Technology Will Allow Consumers To Use Voice AI Control On All Of The Company Products
Wearable Health Solutions Inc. Teams With “Worldwide Business With kathy ireland(R)” To Create Marketing Campaign Designed To Drive Leads To Its International Dealer Network In The Wearable Healthcare Devices Market
Lone Worker Program
iHelp Dealer Program
This Wearable Health Solutions Inc profile is part of a sponsored investor education program.